Why Gen-Z Black Girls?
Did you know that black girls are the most at-risk group of Gen-Zers?
1. Gen-Z black girls were born between 1997-2012.
2. Black girls are seen as less innocent and more adult-like than their white peers. (Adultification)
3. School discipline rates for black girls are disproportionate.
4. Negative stereotypes such as being angry and hypersexualized are attached to black girls.
5. Suicide rates have increased since the pandemic began.
6. Unconscious bias can deter black girls from exploring technology even before considering it a career.